The Obvious Choice for Garbage Disposal Repair in San Clemente
Ah, the garbage disposal. That loud, magical “go away” button sends all the ick into oblivion. A staple in any modern kitchen, it’s easy to get used to the convenience of garbage disposal. Except, garbage disposals aren’t magic – they’re machines, and even the most reliable of machines break.
So, if you’d rather spend your time perfecting your souffle instead of frantically digging potato peels out of the garbage disposal, best keep your number on the fridge.
Bill Metzger Plumbing can fix any garbage disposal. Call our professional team of plumbers or contact us online today to schedule service.
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
Even the strongest garbage disposal will fail eventually. That’s just how machines work.
Here are a few signs it’s time to schedule repair:
- The garbage disposal is working, but the kitchen sink won’t drain. This means the pipe connected to the disposal is likely clogged (and drain cleaner is NOT the answer)!
- The disposal runs, but not as well as it once did. After all, blades wear out. Repair options include having a plumber sharpen the blades or replacing the inner mechanism.
- There is leakage everywhere. If a seal is unstuck or damaged, garbage disposal leaks are inevitable.
- You flip the switch, the disposal hums, and then … nothing. This is likely a problem with the flywheel, and it is best to have it professionally inspected.
- You flip the switch, and nothing happens. First, check the circuit breaker. If that doesn’t fix it, it’s time to call in the professionals.
Does any of this sound familiar? The team at Bill Metzger Plumbing specializes in kitchen plumbing issues. Call us or contact us online today to schedule garbage disposal repair.