Serving San Clemente, Huntington Beach, Irvine & the Surrounding Areas
When you grab a drink from the tap, you expect to enjoy refreshing, clean-tasting water. Unfortunately, municipal water contains impurities that affect the smell and taste of your tap water. The solution is to install a home water treatment system with help from Bill Metzger Plumbing. Our goal is to help every household in Orange County enjoy pure, healthy water with a filtration system that works for you!
Learn more about your water treatment options here. Then, contact Bill Metzger Plumbing to request an installation quote.
Why Do I Need a Water Filter?
You make assumptions every day about the safety of your tap water. While municipal water supplies are carefully monitored to ensure they don’t contain dangerous levels of hazardous substances, many impurities still make their way to your tap. Sediment, chlorine, pesticides, bacteria, and organic compounds can all get past the city’s water purification system and into your home.
Here are the top reasons to install a home water treatment system:
- Remove contaminants while retaining healthy mineral deposits to enjoy better-tasting water from the tap.
- Avoid the high cost and wasted plastic associated with buying bottled water.
- Reduce the risk of cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from your water.
- Protect your family from gastrointestinal diseases by removing cryptosporidium, E. coli, and Giardia from your water supply.
- Promote softer skin and hair by showering in chlorine-free water.
- Encourage your family to drink more water for overall better health and wellness.
Types of Water Treatment Systems
The water filtration experts at Bill Metzger Plumbing install three types of water treatment options for homes in San Clemente and the surrounding areas. Learn more about each one to help you determine which solution might work best for you.
- Reverse osmosis water treatment reduces the concentration of dissolved ions, including salt, in your water. The system applies pressure to force the liquid through a semipermeable membrane, which traps most dissolved materials even as the water filters through. The result is cleaner, fresher tasting water for everyone in your home.
- Ultraviolet water treatment, also known as germicidal treatment, deactivates microorganisms using UV rays, although at much lower intensities than those emitted by the sun. The ultraviolet spectrum is higher in frequency than visible light. The ideal wavelength for killing bacteria, viruses, cryptosporidium, and Giardia is 254 nanometers (nm). UV lamps used for disinfecting water are designed to have the highest amount of UV energy at this frequency.
- Activated carbon water filtration works by absorbing organic compounds and synthetic chemicals that affect the taste, color, and odor of your water. Activated carbon is highly porous, making it the ideal material for physically and chemically absorbing impurities. These types of filters can be designed as a loose media tank-type system or cartridge device.
Install a Water Treatment System in Orange County
When it comes to ensuring the health and safety of your family, nothing is more important than providing clean drinking water. Bill Metzger Plumbing has decades of experience installing water treatment systems in homes across Orange County. Whether you prefer reverse osmosis, ultraviolet treatment, or carbon filtration, we have you covered. If you’re still not sure which water treatment option is right for your family, let us review more of the benefits with you.
Give us a call at 949-492-3558 for all your plumbing and water treatment needs in San Clemente, Huntington Beach, and Irvine, CA!