Water Treatment Services in San Clemente, CA & the Surrounding Areas
When you grab a drink from the tap, you expect to enjoy refreshing, clean-tasting water. Unfortunately, municipal water contains impurities that affect the smell and taste of your tap water. The solution is to install a home water treatment system with help from Bill Metzger Plumbing. Our goal is to help every household in Orange County enjoy pure, healthy water with a filtration system that works for you!
Learn more about your water treatment options here. Then, contact Bill Metzger Plumbing to request an installation quote.
Why Do I Need a Water Filter?
You make assumptions every day about the safety of your tap water. While municipal water supplies are carefully monitored to ensure they don’t contain dangerous levels of hazardous substances, many impurities still make their way to your tap. Sediment, chlorine, pesticides, bacteria, and organic compounds can all get past the city’s water purification system and into your home.
Here are the top reasons to install a home water treatment system:
- Remove contaminants while retaining healthy mineral deposits to enjoy better-tasting water from the tap.
- Avoid the high cost and wasted plastic associated with buying bottled water.
- Reduce the risk of cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from your water.
- Protect your family from gastrointestinal diseases by removing cryptosporidium, E. coli, and Giardia from your water supply.
- Promote softer skin and hair by showering in chlorine-free water.
- Encourage your family to drink more water for overall better health and wellness.
Types of Water Treatment Systems
The water filtration experts at Bill Metzger Plumbing install three types of water treatment options for homes in San Clemente and the surrounding areas. Learn more about each one to help you determine which solution might work best for you.
- Reverse osmosis water treatment reduces the concentration of dissolved ions, including salt, in your water. The system applies pressure to force the liquid through a semipermeable membrane, which traps most dissolved materials even as the water filters through. The result is cleaner, fresher tasting water for everyone in your home.
- Ultraviolet water treatment, also known as germicidal treatment, deactivates microorganisms using UV rays, although at much lower intensities than those emitted by the sun. The ultraviolet spectrum is higher in frequency than visible light. The ideal wavelength for killing bacteria, viruses, cryptosporidium, and Giardia is 254 nanometers (nm). UV lamps used for disinfecting water are designed to have the highest amount of UV energy at this frequency.
- Activated carbon water filtration works by absorbing organic compounds and synthetic chemicals that affect the taste, color, and odor of your water. Activated carbon is highly porous, making it the ideal material for physically and chemically absorbing impurities. These types of filters can be designed as a loose media tank-type system or cartridge device.
Water softening Services
Over 85% of homes in the US use hard water, or water that contains a large amount of minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Hard water can cause all kinds of problems, such as:
- Dull skin and hair
- Impeded water flow in showers
- Wear and tear on clothing and other things put through the wash
- Mineral build-up in important appliances such as water heaters
- A reddish discoloration in toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
- A slimy feeling after washing your hands
A whole-house water softener is an affordable, non-intrusive way to take care of the hard water A specially designed tank usually about the size of a kitchen garbage can, it works by filtering hard water through a series of sieves and tanks, each with a specific purpose. As water flows through the softener, these sieves absorb minerals, contaminants, and other hardening agents.
Give us a call at 949-492-3558 to learn more about your water softening options.
Water Disinfecting & Purification Services
We tend to make a lot of assumptions about the safety of our drinking water. But the fact is that no system is perfect. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, there are many physical, chemical, biological, and radiological contaminants that commonly infiltrate our drinking water, including:
- Human and animal waste
- Heavy Metals
Bill Metzger plumbing offers a full suite of water treatment & purification services, including ultraviolet (UV) disinfection, reverse osmosis filtration, granular activated carbon filtration, and more. We’ll work with you to find the most efficient and effective water treatment option that aligns with your home’s specific needs.
Call Bill Metzger Plumbing for Water Treatment Services in San Clemente
We’ve been in the water business for over 50 years, and have mastered the art of harnessing its incredible power. We are prepared to start work on the first service call due to our fully equipped shop on wheels. When you call Bill Metzger for water treatment services, you’re calling on family.
Contact our team at 949-492-3558 for all your plumbing and water treatment needs in San Clemente, Huntington Beach, and Irvine, CA!
Water Treatment FAQs
How do I know if my water is safe to drink?
Your drinking water should be free of all odors or funny tastes. Look also for discoloration or cloudiness. While cloudy water isn’t necessarily dangerous to your health, it could signal the presence of unsafe contaminants.
How much does a water filtration system cost?
Costs vary depending on the type of filtration and your individual needs. Countertop machines go for anywhere between $60 – $500. More comprehensive whole-house systems price at $1,000 to roughly $4,000 in 2021.
Is water softening really worth it?
If you’re looking for the best ROI on your home and own one of the 85% of homes in the U.S. using hard water, then yes, definitely. Investing in water softening will save you wear and tear depreciation costs in the long run.