Serving San Clemente, Huntington Beach, Irvine & the Surrounding Areas
Many homes in Huntington Beach, Irvine, and the surrounding areas are built on a concrete slab. For water to reach your plumbing fixtures, pipes must run beneath the slab and into the house. This scenario creates the opportunity for slab leaks. At Bill Metzger Plumbing, we have decades of experience detecting and repairing slab leaks in Orange County.
If you think you might have a leak under or within your home’s concrete foundation, give us a call at 949-492-3558 to schedule an inspection.
What Is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak occurs when the water pipes running beneath your home spring a leak. This can happen for numerous reasons, including:
- Corrosion of older pipes
- Pinhole leaks in soft copper pipes
- Tree root intrusion
- Soil erosion causing rigid pipes to shift
- Expansion and contraction resulting in temperature fluctuations
Why Do Slab Leaks Matter?
No homeowner should ignore a potential slab leak. It can cause major problems, including:
- Water waste: Depending on the severity of the slab leak, you could end up paying considerably more on your water bills than necessary.
- Strained water heater: If the leak is occurring in a hot water line, which is often the case, your water heater could experience undue wear and tear, causing it to fail prematurely.
- Flooding and property damage: Your home or landscape could flood if the slab leak is severe enough.
- Mold and mildew: When water leaches up from oversaturated soil beneath your home, it could result in high humidity in the basement or crawl space, leading to mold and mildew growth. This can affect indoor air quality and even threaten the structural integrity of your home.
Signs of a Slab Leak
Pay attention to your plumbing system to help you detect slab leaks early on. Here are some signs to watch for:
- Rising utility costs: If your water bills spike unexpectedly, you might not be using all of the water you’re paying for. Keep an eye out for rising water heating bills as well, which can occur when hot water pipes leak.
- Water pooling on your property: Watch for water pouring out from under the slab foundation or pooling on the floor in the lowest part of the building. If carpet or hardwood is located here, the flooring may feel damp or appear warped.
- Hot areas under the floor: Walk around the basement in bare feet and pay attention to any warm spots on the floor. Since hot water pipes are often the ones that leak, this can be an effective way to identify the problem.
NOTE: If you have a catastrophic pipe leak, shut off the main water supply as quickly as possible to limit property damage. If you need help finding the shut-off valve, call us immediately at 949-492-3558 to request assistance.
Slab Leak Detection & Repair in Orange County
If you notice any signs of a slab leak, it’s important to have an expert plumber assess the situation sooner rather than later. Far more damage may occur if you delay the repair.
At Bill Metzger Plumbing, we offer several effective repair options, including epoxy pipe lining, a method of stopping slab leaks with no digging required. Work with us if you want respectful, professional plumbers on your side! Our upfront pricing helps you make an informed decision before work begins. Financing is also available for approved customers.
Give us a call at 949-492-3558 to schedule slab leak repair in Orange County. We deliver reliable service when you need it most!