San Clemente’s Trusted Choice for Sewer Line Replacement
Sewer line backups are like something out of a horror movie. Between the smell, damage to your home, and the health hazards raw sewage presents, we understand how scary and alarming it can be when it happens to you. That’s why Bill Metzger plumbing will be on the scene within hours of your backup emergency with the knowledge and equipment needed to set things right.
Suffering from a sewer line backup? Call Bill Metzger Plumbing at 949-492-3558 or contact us online today, and we’ll be there in no time.
What causes sewer backups?
Well, a variety of things, including:
- Old and damaged sewer lines – over time, sewer lines can become misaligned, cracked, broken, or clogged.
- The terrible tree root problem – Tree roots love to encircle vulnerable sewer lines and choke them like the world’s slowest-moving pythons. This added pressure can cause blockages and breaks.
- Clogs – Sewer lines that are clogged can’t send wastewater where it needs to go – and when you can’t go forward, the only place left to go is back.
- Heavy rains – Sudden deluges can inundate unprepared sewer systems, increasing the pressure and causing backups into homes.
Preventative Maintenance for Sewers
That sounds like a lot of problems, we know, but we have some good news. Preventative maintenance for sewers is simple! Some things we recommend include:
- Schedule regular sewer inspections, especially before you buy an older home. This will give you a baseline sense of where your system is at, age and vulnerability-wise. Inspections can also help you detect those pesky tree roots before they become a critical issue.
- Don’t let just anything go down the drains! Don’t flush what shouldn’t be flushed. Don’t clog your kitchen sink drain up with grease, or leave hair in the shower drain. All this gunk adds up and can cause problems down the line (literally).
- Invest in a backwater prevention valve. This fixture is usually installed in the basement and allows sewage to go out but not to come back in. Professional installation is recommended.
Get ahead of the backups! Call Bill Metzger Plumbing at 949-492-3558 or contact us online today to learn more about preventative swear line maintenance.
How to Fix Sewer Line Backups
We’ve broken this down into a few easy-to-follow steps:
1. Suit up. Raw sewage is toxic and potentially damaging to your health. Before doing anything, don a mask, rubber gloves, boots, and googles.
2. Shut it off the water. Until the backup is fixed, you should not use the showers, tubs, toilets, sinks, or any water-related appliance in your home.
3. Clean it up. Remove all contaminated material, including drywall and carpeting. Because this can be more like “remodeling” and less like “cleaning,” we recommend having your home professionally cleaned in the event of a sewer line backup. In the short term, get up as much of the wet off the surfaces as you can.
4. Call a plumber. Unfortunately, some sewer line backups require lines to be dug right out of the ground. Our plumbers have several non-invasive repair tricks up their sleeves and will only do this as a last resort. We’ll work with you to find the least disruptive solution possible in the event a sewer line replacement is needed.
Don’t face the sewage alone. Call Bill Metzger Plumbing 949-492-3558, and we’ll be by your side with solutions in no time.
The Benefits of Choosing Bill Metzger Plumbing for Sewer Line Replacement Needs
At Bill Metzger, we’ve worked on all things plumbing in the San Clemente area for over half a century. We are a 100% family-owned and -operated business, and we take customer service and integrity seriously.
Our leak detection services are fully backed by the following Bill Metzger Plumbing Promises:
- Family values: To us, you’re like family. We will meet your plumbing needs quickly and at a price that fits your budget, just like we’d want someone to do for a relative.
- Reliable service at honest prices: You can count on our plumbers to arrive on time, and you’ll always know the cost of services before work starts. You’ll never find hidden costs or surprise fees on your final bill.
- Complete customer satisfaction: Our services are backed by a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, meaning if you’re not satisfied with our services, we’ll do whatever it takes to make things right!
- A+ rating with the BBB: We are proud to have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Don’t settle for anything less than the family treatment when it comes to sewer line replacement. Call Bill Metzger Plumbing 949-492-3558 or contact us online today.
Sewer Line FAQs
Does my insurance cover sewer line replacement?
In general, no. Sewer line replacement isn’t typically included in standard home insurance policies. That’s why it’s important to get ahead of the problem before replacement is necessary.
Can’t I just replace a sewer line myself?
While it’s certainly possible, sewer line replacement is not an easy or straightforward job, and we highly recommend leaving it to the professionals. When you try and replace a line yourself, you risk causing even more damage.
How much does it cost to replace a sewer line?
You can expect to pay anywhere between $1,110 and $4,050 for sewer line replacement.